When it comes to false lashes, most of us tend to stick with a signature style, or we have an assembly of styles that we swap on rotation, depending on the makeup look we’re going for.
But, for some of us, choosing fake lashes isn’t the easiest of tasks. While you might feel totally comfortable getting dramatic with your hero mascara wand, picking the perfect falsies can prove a little more overwhelming.
While the perfect lash shape can open up your eyes, the wrong style can have the adverse effect. And with a versatile selection of lashes to choose from, you’re probably wondering which styles are most suited to you. For sensitive eyes and those that wear glasses, to almond, hooded, and downturned eye shapes, find lashes that are designed specifically to suit you at Nikkia Joy Cosmetics.
Here’s how you create the look you’ve been dreaming about with our non-negotiable do’s and don’ts list.
Endlessly versatile glam: pending.
- Make sure that you understand your eye shape to avoid a false lash fail. Whether you wear glasses, have almond, round, hooded, small, downturned or sensitive eyes, enhance the shape of your eyes with lash styles tailored specifically to your eye shape.
- If you have hooded or small eyes, create the illusion of depth with false lashes that are a little longer in the center of the lash line. For round and almond eyes, use curly and full lashes to enhance your eyes.
- For sensitive eyes look for a lightweight lash with a super flexible soft band. Knot free clear bands are also fantastic for sensitive eyes
- If you’re a newbie to the lash look, accentuate the beauty of your natural lashes by choosing styles that aren’t hugely full or too lengthy. Subtly framing your eyes will help you gain confidence in your look and lash application, while still making a noticeable difference. You’ll also be able to play around with different eyeshadow colours and blends.
- Choose lashes that appear too heavy for your eye shape. Overbearing styles can pull hooded/small eyes down, overwhelm your face, and take attention away from your delicately applied makeup look.
- Forget to trim the lashes to fit your eye shape! Mastering the art of trimming falsies may seem daunting but once you get snipping, you’ll thank us. Start by measuring the lash strip by laying it above your real lash line. This will help give you an idea of how the lash will sit on your eye shape, and how much you’ll need to trim off.
From romantic to dramatic and nailing the no-makeup-makeup look, we design fake lashes that promise to deliver the look you want, no matter what your eye shape. Every pair of Nikkia Joy Cosmetics eyelashes are hand made using premium materials and hair fibres to deliver natural looking lashes that serve up the looks that lash lovers crave.